Below is our fourth quarter newsletter. If you would like to get these in your mailbox, please visit our website and signup for our newsletters at the bottom of the home page.
This summer Muskego Lakes Middle School built a new school including a beautiful new kitchen and dining hall. Click here to see more pictures of their new location!
Fein Brothers was able to provide the new middle school with all of their equipment, smallwares and serving lines.
Did you know that the Milwaukee Public Museum displays the worlds largest dinosaur skull?! The skull is 9-foot-by-8-foot from a Torosaurus.
The Torosaurus, whose name means “bull lizard,” was unearthed in the Hell Creek Badlands of northeastern Montana in 1981.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon-Apple Topping
Recipe and image from Taste of Home
All the flavors of fall- perfect for a weekend breakfast or holiday brunch
Cinnamon Apple Topping:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add apple; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; keep warm.
For pancakes, in a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by scant 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with apple topping.
Stop by Fein Brothers for all the supplies you need to make these pancakes
Here are a few upcoming November events:
- Nov. 3 : Veterans Day Parade, Downtown Milwaukee
- Nov. 4-5: Wine & Food Experience, Wisconsin Center
- Nov. 10-11: Trainfest, State Fair Park
- Nov. 15-Jan. 1: Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival, Downtown Milwaukee
- Nov. 16-18: Holiday Folk Fair International, Wisconsin State Fair Park
- Nov. 17: Milwaukee Holiday Parade, Downtown Milwaukee.
- Nov. 17-Dec. 31: Christkindlmarkt, Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports District
- Nov. 23-25, Nov. 30- Dec. 31: Country Christmas, Pewaukee
- Nov. 30-Dec. 1: Christmas in the Ward, Historic Third Ward
- Nov. 30-Dec. 22: MillerCoors Holiday Lites (Friday & Saturdays), Miller Valley
For more MKE Happenings, check out Visit Milwaukee’s 2018 Major Events Calendar
Unidos Por Puerto Rico Fundraiser
Fein Brothers has several employees with family ties to Puerto Rico and after the devastation of hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico is still in need of so much help. We have partnered with our customers on a fundraiser to raise money that will be donated to Unidos Por Puerto Rico.
Learn more about this fundraiser in this OnMilwaukee.com article
or visit our website
Fein since 1929!
We have a big birthday coming up!
Next year will be our 90th anniversary and we can’t wait to celebrate with you. Look forward to specials throughout the year as well as a customer appreciation party.