Fein Brothers recently launched a quarterly newsletter and I thought I would share it here as well. If you would like to get this newsletter in your inbox you can sign up on our website, just scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to sign up.
Fein Brothers’ Newsletter 7.6.18
The Chocolate Factory has opened a new store in Delafield. Click here to see more pictures of their newest location!
Fein Brothers was able to provide The Chocolate Factory with all of their equipment, smallwares and custom booths.
The first typewriter was invented in Milwaukee by Christopher Latham Sholes in 1867. The machine was said to look like a cross between a small piano and and a kitchen table. The prototype model is still preserved by the Smithsonian Institution today.
- 2 carrots, julienned or spiralized
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or sambal
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (preferably 80% lean)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Kaiser Rolls
- Mint, Thai basil, and cilantro
Combine the carrots, radishes, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl and toss with vinegar and sugar. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, Sriracha and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Divide beef into 4 equal portions, about 6 ounces each. Form each portion into a ¾ inch thick burger, making a depression in the center with your hand. Season with salt and pepper, and brush the burgers lightly with oil.
Heat grill over high heat (450-650°F). Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on the first side, until slightly charred and golden. Flip the burgers and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes. Top with cheese and cook for another minute (for medium rare).
Meanwhile, place rolls on the grill cut-side down and lightly toast for a couple minutes.
By now, your burgers should be done. Remove from the grill and tent with foil to allow them to rest for a minute. Spread the spicy mayo onto each roll, and top with the burgers. Then top with your pickled vegetable mix and herbs. Serve!
Makes 4 burgers
Stop by Fein Brothers for all the supplies you need to make these burgers
Here are a few upcoming July events:
- July 12-15: Bastille Days, East Town, easttown.com
- July 14: Gathering on the Green, Mequon, gatheringonthegreen.org
- July 20-21: Gallery Night and Day, Downtown Milwaukee, gallerynightandday.org
- July 20-22: Festa Italiana, Henry W. Maier Festival Park, festaitaliana.com
- July 21: Firkin Fest, East Town, easttown.com
- July 21-22: Milwaukee Air & Water Show, Bradford & McKinley Beach, milwaukeeairshow.com
- July 27-29: German Fest, Henry W. Maier Festival Park, germanfest.com
- July 28: Brady Street Festival, Brady Street, bradystreet.org
- July 28: Milwaukee Brewfest, McKinley Park, milwaukeebrewfest.com
Big Green Egg 101
Whether you are new to the EGG or just want to brush up on your cooking skills, join us for BGE 101 to learn all the tips and tricks to grilling, roasting, smoking, and baking with the Big Green Egg.
This is a group class based on technique with time for questions, interaction and time to make and enjoy some delicious food
That’s our 2018 2nd quarter newsletter! Let us know what you think in the comments!